VIN is a 3 letters abbreviation for "Vehicle Identification Number". It adresses a serious matter for automotive safety and parts marking. Indeed, this identification number (marked on the car body) helps to ensure traceability of a vehicule throughout the manufacturing process, but also after it leaves the factory. As the VIN number is listed on the registration documents, management of the VIN number provides a real traceability advantage. For example, it can greatly reduce the amount of cars recalled if a manufacturer needs to replace a faulty component. Reading of VIN markings over time requires consistent high quality marking.
SIC Marking has developed a comprehensive and adaptable VIN Marking System to respond to all situations and applications.
This concept is based around three main components:
- A modern and fast scribing unit e8 i113s capable of 17 characters in less than 20 seconds, with 0.3 mm depth.
- An e8 controller known for its robustness and its versatility with more than 15 languages available.
- Dedicated software: SIC VIN.
In addition, a “reading” option allows automated validation of the VIN marking through vision analysis of shape and contents. This is a global concept that SIC Marking adjusts to customer requiremenst in order to propose a custom solution for each project. With many communications options available (I / O, RS232, Profibus, Ethernet, Jbus Profinet) and the possibility to create dedicated custom software, SIC Marking's efficient and robust VIN concept has already been chosen by numerous car manufacturers across the world.
- Laser marking on a connector
- Datamatrix marking on teeth mould
- Datamatrix on machinery part
- Dot peen marking on a motor unit
- Dot peen marking on chassis component
- Dot peen marking on stainless steel prosthesis
- Laser marking on aerospace part laser
- Laser marking on electronic circuit board
- Laser marking on motor unit
- Laser marking on music accessory
- Laser marking on plastic automotive component
- Laser marking on speaker membrane
- Scribing mark on gearbox part
- Scribing mark on label
- Scribing mark on tubular part
- Marking type